- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Protecting the Privacy of Children
- California Privacy Rights
- European Union-GDPR
- “Do Not Track” signals
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Personal identification information including name, email address, phone number, physical address, billing information, browser type, URL information and IP address.
- Credentials, including your passwords, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic data, including your date of birth, and location.
- Payment information, including your payment instrument (such as a credit card number) and associated security code in order to process your payments if you make a purchase.
- Data about the products you purchase, including your product type, the serial or batch number located on the back of the product, your purchase date, and the name of retailer from whom you purchased the product.
- Content of the messages you send us, including feedback, product reviews, and information related to return merchandise and warranties.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Access this Website.
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
- social networks when you reference our products or services;
- partners or affiliates with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities;
- publicly-available sources such as data in the public domain.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- process your order and manage your account;
- collect any outstanding balance on your account;
- enforce our rights and/or ensure your compliance with our Terms and Conditions;
- disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our site;
- email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Website and to understand more about the demographics of our users. In gathering this information, we are able to enhance your experience when visiting our Website (including keeping your preferences and items placed in your shopping cart between visits) and to provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising.
- share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services, if you agree;
- share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving advertisements providing mailing services, providing financial services, web hosting, or providing analytic services. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for scientific research purposes;
- share your data with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Hot Crispy Oil Ventures, LLC and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Hot Crispy Oil Ventures, LLC, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) share your data with our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a retailer for purposes of providing you with relevant product support or in connection with a warranty;
- when Hot Crispy Oil processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline according to generally accepted industry standards
- Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. All data related to your purchase orders and payment information, including shipping and returns is stored through Shopify’s data storage mechanism, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. To learn more about how Shopify stores and uses your data, please view Shopify’s https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy].
- To protect sensitive information such as your credit card data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- If you have any questions about security on our Website, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies for example with our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Hot Crispy Oil Ventures, LLC group.
What are your data protection rights?
Hot Crispy Oil would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through one of the following methods:
- At our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at: 1 (518) 330-8833
- Or write to us: 13 Sage Hill Lane, Menands New York US 12204
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our Website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our Website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners or affiliates. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
Privacy policies of other websites
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Persons under 16 years old are not the target audience for our Website.
Additional provisions apply to Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) collected by Hot Crispy Oil from European Union residents. You may access, update, delete or request we cease the use of your PII for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.On receiving the above-identified categories of request, exceptions may apply for data maintained:
- Pursuant to any legal or contractual obligation;
- In relation to resolving, defending or enforcing our rights;
- For accurate business and financial reporting.
Any questions concerning our GDPR policies may be directed to: Customer Support Team
“Do Not Track” signals
Please note that we currently do not have or participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to any “Do Not Track” signals in the HTTP header on your browser or mobile application settings.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 1 (518) 330-8833
Or write to us: 13 Sage Hill Lane, Menands New York US 12204