Fast, easy and delicious.
The best quick and easy Marinara sauce recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop in 30 mins. Full of tomatoes, garlic, spicy red chili flakes and best of all Hot Crispy Oil (Original or Extra Hot).
- 1 large can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes*
- 3 tablespoons Hot Crispy Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, omit if sensitive to spice)
- Salt, to taste (if necessary)
- Optional, for serving: Cooked pasta, grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan, chopped fresh basil, additional Hot Crispy Oil (Original or Extra Hot)
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the tomatoes (with their juices), Hot Crispy Oil, oregano and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to keep the sauce at a slow, steady simmer for about 45 minutes, or until droplets of oil float free of the tomatoes. Stir occasionally, and use a sturdy wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes against the side of the pot after about 15 minutes has passed.
- Use the wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes to your liking (you can blend this sauce smooth with an immersion blender or stand blender, if desired).
- Add salt, to taste (the tomatoes are already pretty salty, so you might just need a pinch). Serve warm. This sauce keeps well, covered and refrigerated, for up to 4 days. Freeze it for up to 6 months.