Eating healthy is more important than ever when you're spending more time cooking meals at home. This recipe uses Feta cheese which is lower in fat and calories than aged cheeses such as cheddar or Parmesan and has more calcium and B vitamins than soft cheeses such as ricotta or cottage cheese.
- 1/2 Cup Hot Crispy Oil
- 1/2 Cup Regular Olive Oil
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 3 sprigs oregano, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 12-16 oz block of feta cheese, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add tomatoes, olives, garlic and 2 sprigs of oregano to a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix 1/2 cup olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over tomatoes and olives. Bake 40-50 minutes until tender and bursting.
- Add egg and Panko to 2 medium bowls. Dip feta in egg letting the excess run off. Dredge feta in panko pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 1/2 cup of Hot Crispy Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add feta and cook about 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate, spoon tomatoes and olives over feta with some pieces of the roasted garlic and garnish with fresh oregano leaves. Serve with grilled bread and flaky salt.